Saturday, April 12, 2008

I avoided paying!

2 posts in one day! Anyway, yesterday I went to a sushi restaurant near my workplace. I leave at 3 pm on Fridays, the rest of the week, I leave at the Spanish working hour of 7pm. Insane to leave at 7pm. But on Fridays, we don't have 2 hour lunch breaks and leave at 3. There's always traffic and the bus takes ages to come, so I decided I might as well go and have something to eat. There's generally a set lunch menu at most Spanish restaurants which includes drink, first plate, second plate and dessert.
This sushi bar's lunch menu costs 9,90 euros, and since I have restaurant vouchers from work, with two vouchers, I would only pay about 60 cents for the whole meal so off I went. I arrived at 3:40pm and the lunch menu finishes at 3:30. I've arrived a little late before, even later and I still got the lunch menu. The guy said, sorry, lunch closes at 3:30 pm, expecting me to order something off the menu and pay separately for each item. I said I can't get a lunch menu? looking entreatingly with my fat face which of course didn't work. He said no. Most of the time, so as not draw attention to myself, I will get something off the menu and pay while hurting on the inside.
I thought screw this shit, and said bye! I'm very proud of myself. It wasn't because I was being strong, but I'm really really broke, and can't go around wasting money but I'm still proud! NO california roll for me. But I bought a bag of chips and devoured most of it on the bus, not so good. :-(

No comments: