Monday, May 5, 2008

Wow! Dangers of hyperfocus

Well, my four day weekend turned out well, though I didn't set foot in the gym like I had hoped. My regular gym was closed, and if I paid 4 euros extra for the month, I could go to their other gym on Sundays and holidays. But I didn't go. I had the suspicion I wouldn't but there are other sundays and there's another holiday. It's still a good deal.

With regular, controlled use of green jasmine tea, I moved all my shelves, bed, chest of drawers, vacuumed, wiped, in 3 days. The furniture was heavy, and involved removing books, dismantling shelves and drawers etc. Then I had to move my TV, stereo, climb on chairs, lift and move things high up on the shelves. At this point, I might give up and leave the stereo and TV, and other assorted things on the floor for the next two months. Low frustration threshold, especially the climbing up and down. I get dizzy, my body gets heavy, I get mentally exhausted and give up. Mental exhaustion might not seem like much but it's quite exhausting! :-P

What I did was move things little by little, rest a bit, and instead of resting for the rest of the day, I continued. I did this ALONE.

I'm very pleased with myself. My room looks very homy and cozy, there's still a bit of mess but it looks nice and could, could be on a magazine with a few modifications, like cover the floor and a bit of painting but it's looking good. It took me years ,but I got it, and I'm going to be leaving home soon. Oh well. There were things I failed to do like study for my online photoshop course and do the exercises. But something I DID, instead of giving up.

The only problem is that I strained my back muscles and my mid-back is sore. It's not terrible but hurts when I stretch and move around. See, dangers of hyperfocus. You ignore your body but it will remind you of its existence. I also didn't eat too much and feel fine.
I'm keeping up the tea. I will experiment with Pu-erh tea as well.

Now to order theanine!

No comments: