Sunday, May 11, 2008

University and doing what I'm best at: procrastinate or do I have multiple personalities?

So I've been accepted at uni, I'm very worried about my studying and procrastination. It's not going to be easy.

For example, I'm doing an online photoshop course, and tomorrow, the 12th of May is the last day of the course. Have I finished all the exercises I had to do? No. Of course not. I just finished the 4th and I've another to go.

Maybe cause it's in Spanish, but I stare at what it says and it's gibberish. It takes an extra effort to understand what's going on. This happens to me often (not just in Spanish) about the gibberish issue. I can't seem to get it, I listen, read, and nothing, so then I get distracted, wander off, and leave the assignment till the last minute. Hmm, maybe I'm on something important here.
It's like I get a headache trying to understand it. I can understand the individual words but it's not making sense. But I'm not stupid. I can't process it.


It happened to me in programming class, long time ago in uni. I left an assignment till the night before (surprise, surprise) and I had to hand it in in the morning. It was 3am, I looked at what I do, thought duh, and wrote out the program by hand then went back to sleep. EASY! In the morning, I looked at what I wrote out, and I had no clue how it would work like someone showed you the inner workings of a rocket ship. Complicated stuff, you'll have no clue what all the symbols meant. but I thought to myself I seemed to know what I was about at 3am and I really have no choice, well, it worked on the first try. Why???? I had looked at the assignment a couple of days before, didn't know what to do and put it away. Maybe my unconscious worked away at it, but why didn't I understand what I had done? Why did I have only that margin of understanding at 3am? I didn't understand it before, and I didn't understand it after. What can I do to get that 3am understanding? It's like I was 2 different people. WHAT'S GOING ON IN MY HEAD? HELP.
Well, I'll have lots of opportunity in uni come September, oh please, please let me not flunk out again.

Anyway, I have to go and do my last photoshop assignment. Urgh!

No comments: